Skip to main content

Watch where you are going

Hello Again,
My last few videos were posted to allow my viewers to be entertained through great expression.I did this  because I needed inspiration. My mind has been so full lately.The past few months have not been the easiest, but they have also not been the hardest. The current chapter of my life will be ending in about 22 days. I have already completed my two years with TFA, and now I am trying to make it to law school. This road to greatness is filled  with challenges. Then again I am reminded again of the question posed by a dear friend: Where can I see God in all of this? The answer is simple really now that I think about it. Frederick Douglass said it best in his Emancipation of  West India Speech: 


     "The whole history of the progress of human liberty shows that all concessions yet made to her august claims have been born of earnest struggle. The conflict has been exciting, agitating, all-absorbing, and for the time being, putting all other tumults to silence. It must do this or it does nothing. If there is no struggle there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom and yet deprecate agitation are men who want crops without plowing up the ground; they want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters. This struggle may be a moral one, or it may be a physical one, and it may be both moral and physical, but it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will.  Men may not get all they pay for in this world, but they must certainly pay for all they get. If we ever get free from the oppressions and wrongs heaped upon us, we must pay for their removal. We must do this by labor, by suffering, by sacrifice, and if needs be, by our lives and the lives of others". - See more at: http://www.blackpast.org/1857-frederick-douglass-if-there-no-struggle-there-no-progress#sthash.JLYAdGOe.dpuf

Even in 1857, a much simpler time, people still had issues. I look at the struggles I am currently facing as speed bumps. intentional disruptions that where planted by God to force me to slow down, take stock of my current position, and adjust accordingly. Im the moment I always feel as if the bumps are burdens that are keeping me away from my goals and dreams, but in this time of reflection I realize they are not burdens at all. They are small blessings that will allow me to appreciate all that God has allowed me to receive. After all it was Him that slowed me down enough so that I can get there safely  Patience is a virtue because it creates a fondness for God's greatness that can only be achieved by slowing down and basking in His Glory. So that is what I am going to do. Let God's light shine and warm up my life. ~Be Blessed~ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do I regret what I did?: March Madness Day 8 TikaForever

conformation- my life is an open book

I have been spending alot of time alone lately but i prayed about it and i know GOD is gonna work it out i just feel kinda bad because of the events that lead up to where i am right now. some people that i really care about are in unbelievable situations, and i cant help but feel as if i pushed them to that extreme, but i don't think of my self as a pusher. am i ? what defines a pusher? all i know is that i feel bad about it. on the flip side summer is almost over and my blog is really going to liven up i promise. i'm getting a new laptop, and i am also getting my four wisdom teeth surgically removed pray for me until then comment on my post and tell me what you wanna know

Rihanna - Bitch Better Have My Money (Explicit)

Dang